Friday 10 May 2013

Wedding Soundtrack



Don’t you love it when you’re watching a movie and just in the right moment the most perfect song starts to play, bringing deeper meaning to that scene? Don’t you sometimes wish that you could have a soundtrack to your life? Well, if there is a day for that, it is definitely your wedding day!

Whether you and your fiancé connected when you glanced at each other at the exact moment when the right lyrics were playing, or whether you both just picked a song you enjoyed, your wedding soundtrack will not just bring a little of both your tastes into the mix, but it will also provide you with memories, because for the rest of your life, when you hear that song, all you will have to do is close your eyes and you will be transported to that moment, when you laid eyes on him as you walked down the aisle, when you walked into the room as you were introduced as Mr. and Mrs., your first dance…

The likelihood is that you already have a few songs in mind that can not be missed on your big day, but if you haven’t, don’t underestimate the power of music and put a little thought into the songs you would like to have as your wedding soundtrack, because they will forever remind you of one of the happiest days of your life, and that definitely deserves some attention!

Here are some of my favourite wedding related songs:


I love the lyrics to this song, I close my eyes and imagine that walk down the aisle, nervous and excited, as you forget any doubts and confidently look straight at the man you love, knowing that this is the moment you have been waiting for all your life. I used it twice during my celebrations, I had the instrumental cover by The Piano Guys playing as I came into the room at the registry wedding and then the original as our first dance during the church celebration. The thing I love the most about this song is that it takes me back to that dance. We were surrounded by dozens of people but on that stage, it felt like it was just us, so intimate and romantic, and I will always love this song because it gave me that moment.


Now, the lyrics to this are more reminiscent of eloping in Vegas than carefully planned nuptials, but the tone of the song is just so uplifting and carefree, and personally I like the thought that sometimes you should just follow your heart, if you really love that person then throw caution to the wind and forget reason, go with the moment and just be happy. Hubby and I used this one for our grand entrance as we were being introduced as Mr. & Mrs. and I loved how everyone was cheering us on and clapping away to the rhythm of the song as we made our way into the room.


Ok so this may not be the most appropriate song for the actual wedding day but it is good fun. If you’ve never heard it and you like country music then you’re in for a treat! It tells the story of a girl who is sick of empty promises and puts her foot down, no more hanky panky until he takes her down to that little white church! You gotta love a girl with attitude who has the courage to say what she wants. Here’s a little insight as to why I love it: before getting engaged I was living in Bolivia and hubby came to visit from England, he asked if I would ever considering moving back to Britain, and I replied ‘Not unless I’ve got a ring on my finger’, a week later I was engaged.


I love this song because of how moving it is. The beauty of music is that everyone can interpret it in a different way, regardless of what the meaning was when it was written. Personally I feel this song is about sticking with it during the hard times, no relationship is perfect, but even in the tough times, when everything around you is falling apart and you’re surrounded by darkness, hold on to each other, remember the happiness you felt on the day you chose to join your lives, a day that changed you both forever, have faith in those feelings and never forget how much you love one another. I believe holding on to those memories and feelings can only make your marriage stronger.


I do. Those words will change your life, they mark the moment when you chose to become somebody’s wife, companion, soul mate and best friend, until death do you part. This song is beautiful because he talks about the amazing feelings that his love brings out in him and promises to cherish her forever, with all his heart.


Not necessarily a wedding song but most certainly a marriage song. Things in the relationship are bound to get hard, but if you continue trusting each other, being one another’s rock, supporting and loving each other, then you can only go from strength to strength, no matter how long you are married for, you should always be each other’s safest place to hide. This song is a tribute, from a man in love to the woman that keeps him sane and his heart safe.

Lots of Love, Gaby xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment