Tuesday 7 May 2013

To Top It Off...



The devil is in the detail, and one of the details that you can use to really personalise your wedding is your cake topper. Now, toppers may not be very high on your planning agenda, but depending on just how personal you want to go, it’s best to start looking early.

There is no shortage of creative cake toppers online, there are cute ones, funny ones and even custom ones. Personally, I was determined to have the most unique topper I could find and the concept of having a fully customised topper was just the perfect way to achieve this. Horror stories and online reviews about this kind of product made me more than a little skeptical, but despite my reservations I decided to go for it, and could not be happier.

My cake topper was exactly what I wanted, a miniature version of us, down to the detail in my dress, they were certainly a topic of conversation amongst guests and everybody loved them! I could not have better words about this company, they kept me in the loop during the entire creative process and patiently carried out each and every one of my little tweaks, which considering how much of a perfectionist I am, is not easy! 

Here is a selection of the other toppers considered when it was my time to cut the cake!

Precious Moments Dancers

You are my dream come true. As a long time Precious Moments fan I just love this topper, unfortunately these are not available with brunette hair, but for blonde brides out there, if you want an adorable and romantic topper, this is your winner.

Runaway Groom

As funny ones go, this one has my vote. It was actually my groom who spotted this and requested it be considered. Very funny (she says sarcastically rolling her eyes). But in all honestly, it will certainly bring some humour to the occasion.

Puzzle People

For the couples who just fit like a puzzle, make it literal with the puzzle people, they look cute, are out of the ordinary and can be personalised with little veils and bow ties! 

Silhouette of Love

If you’re looking for a classy and elegant topper, something that exudes sophistication, this would be my pick. I love the smooth finish, the delicate flow of lines and the romantic, statuesque pose.

Love Monument Topper

A miniature version of Robert Indiana’s LOVE sculpture, this topper is a bold statement that literally states you are all there to celebrate your love for each other. The Love Park in Philadelphia is one of the ‘places to visit’ on my bucket list so it just had to be considered for my big day.

Wooden Toppers

This is another way to customise your topper without going into too much detail. Some people may not like miniature versions of themselves, but may still want their topper to have some unique identifying details. That is why I love this little pair, they are so whimsical and sweet… simply adorable.

Our Wedding Toppers

Last but not least, I chose these for my first wedding, the registry celebration. My husband is English and the top hat just seemed so quintessentially British, also this little couple was too cute to resist for me! 

Hope you've liked my picks and can find the perfect topper for your big day!

Lots of Love, Gaby xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment