Tuesday 28 May 2013

The Perfect Chemistry



The best piece of advice I received when planning my wedding was from my aunt Zully, she told me to save pennies on anything EXCEPT the photographer. The food, decoration, cake and everything else will all last for one day, but the pictures are our keepsakes, for us to have for the rest of our lives.

With this in mind I set out to find the perfect photographer, and considering I had to pick someone from a distance, without meeting him or her beforehand, this was quite a mission, but in the end it came down to instinct.

To say that I spent weeks looking at photographers in Cancun is an understatement. I had notes with the information about their prices, coverage time, packages and demands, I made pros and cons list for each of them and looked at their pictures so many times they eventually started blurring into one. But I was determined to pick the right one for us and with perseverance I narrowed them down to my top three.

Here is where the instinct comes in, not on my part but from my hubby. I presented him with the top three contenders, gave him all the facts and showed him each photographer’s work. He took one look at them all and within 10 minutes chose Citlalli Rico. When I asked him why, he simply replied saying he liked her style the best because of how versatile she was, the other photographers did great pictures but they all seemed to come from the same mould, and Citlalli’s pictures were not only beautiful but they were varied, she had every style, every angle and found a way to get the most breath-taking shots.

This is why we work as a couple, I make rational choices, he uses intuition, and our joint efforts led us to Citlalli. Best decision ever.

From the very first moment Citlalli made us feel comfortable and at ease, she patiently answered all my questions and added me on whatsapp so we could exchange ideas about what Tom and I wanted for our big day. I didn’t actually meet her until the day before the wedding when she came to our hotel to have a chat, and I was instantly reassured that we had made the right choice. She came with her husband Jimmy and they were both warm, friendly and cheerful, smiled a lot, and just had this incredibly positive energy.

When our day finally arrived, Citlalli and her photography team, comprised by Jimmy and her sister Tamara, were just amazing, it was like a team of ninja photographers, they were everywhere but just seemed to blend in and didn’t at any point interrupt the flow of the evening, they were taking pictures from fantastic angles and capturing every moment, whilst at the same time keeping us on our toes regarding pictures with the guests. They did a fantastic job and for the past 10 weeks I have been itching with anticipation to see the fruit of their labour, and finally, the wait is over.

Below is the slideshow that Citlalli and her team put together for us, and to see more of our fantastic pictures, check out my Mexican Wedding page.


To any brides considering getting married in Mexico, I can honestly tell you that Citlalli and her team will capture the essence, beauty and love of your day. And if you are not getting married in Mexico then I can only hope that wherever your dream day comes to life, you can find your very own Citlalli Rico.

Best wishes, Gaby xXx


4 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful moments captured! What a fairytale day X x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Gaby,

    Your post means the world to us. Your wedding was absolutely breathtaking visually, but the love and joy you shared with Tom and your loved ones tops it all. I have no words to thank you for have chosen us and made us feel part of your day. Thank you and Tom for being such a wonderful couple!

    All our love,

    Citla, Tam & Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arturo Ortiz Robert4 July 2013 at 20:49

    Congratulations to both of you for your wedding! Even more congratulations because from what I can read you complement each other and (enjoy) communicating clearly to take decisions, I can see nothing but happiness in your future. About having Citlalli at your wedding, I can only feel envy, I would have liked to have her in my wedding 12 years ago... she has left photography behind her, she is a SOUL FINDER through images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the sweetes!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete