Tuesday 3 June 2014

Walking Down the Aisle...


As much of a cliché as it may be, I am a girl who loves shoes, and bridal shoes are no exception.

The journey to find my perfect wedding footwear was lengthy and a little obsessive, if I’m honest. I had a very specific idea of what I wanted and did not rest until I found it, using all the search engines and key words, browsing high street and designer brands alike.

My initial inspiration came in the form of an Australian brand called PeepToe and their beautiful MrsWhitedress design (above). A five inch ivory satin creation, with lace overlay and a scallop trim. However finding a picture of these was far easier than actually finding the shoes, and once found they were out of budget and in another continent, so the search continued.

I finally found what I was after when I came across the Odeon Lace Peep Toe Platform Stiletto Heels. Five inch heel: check; White satin with a lace overlay: check; Scallop trip: not check, but the diamante studs on the heel and toe area make up for that, because a little bling is fine by me!


I adored my wedding footwear, but if I had to do it all again, here are some of the gorgeous (yet affordable) designs I would swoon for these days…

No1 Jenny Packham for Debenhams


There is beauty in simplicity and this pair of No1 Jenny Packham sandals are simply stunning. I love the delicate lace detailing on the elasticated strap, a very romantic touch.



These beautiful satin court shoes offer a very classic look with some modern sparkle. I love that they have combined diamante gems with pearl beads for the trim.



If bling is your thing, then you can’t go wrong with these sparkly court shoes by Faith, which feature an all over sequined detail, very wow factor.



These dreamy vintage style peep toe heels are just adorable, I love the crocheted lace accessorized with a statement satin bow at the ankle.

No comments:

Post a Comment